Sunday, December 11, 2011

CNC and Me


Recently I was offered the chance to make use of my schools new CNC machine. I've designed a bowl that can be cut out by the machine to near perfection and from there I can mold it up and make many casts. This experience is rather exciting for me because it opens up a lot of design and making possibilities. It will allow me and others to take things farther than what we could, make things a bit sharper, a bit more symmetric and closer to the idea we had in mind. At least it hast he possibility of doing that for me.

To get the design from point A (my head) to point C (the CNC machine) it must first venture to point B (solid works). A kind faculty member, Stephen Hugo-Seinader, has offered to draw it up in Solid Works. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment