Sunday, November 13, 2011



In my little studio space I have 6 sets of three sided cuddle cups, creamers, sugars and cuddle cup saucers just snuggling together awaiting their time to be fired. Soon, my pretties, soon. After that a bath in some clear glaze and another toasting!

I just received the Precious Metal Clay (PMC) I ordered a while back in the mail. I'm interested in what I can do with it and how I can incorporate it as design elements. I ordered the copper to mess about with since it seems to be the most economical for the money. PMC seems to be primarily used by crafty people and hobby jewelers but somehow I doubt a ring of copper is a good thing(turns your skin green) and I'm going to see what else I can make from it.

I ordered some large Porcelain Canvas Subtrates(PCS) at about the same time and I'm hoping that they'll be arriving some time this week. Robin Hopper brought a test tile with him showing that you can, against logic seemingly, use crystalline glaze on them successfully. PCS are nifty little canvases and I'm glad to be able to dabble with them. Check out the site -> www.ceramicartcart.com (They also sell Keraflex).
My 'Blue Girl' is in the site gallery as long as many lovely examples of their versatility as a drawing/painting surface by other ceramicists.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathleen!

    What a delightful blog, and excellent entry that gives us insight into your thought and process for these series pieces!

    I think you have a good balance of the technical for practitioners with the philosophy of approach and personal aspects for the uninitiated...

    Cheers!

    Stephen

    ReplyDelete